A well balanced meal...

by - Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Expressing gratitude may be the first purpose of Thanksgiving, but it's also the gathering that makes this holiday so well loved. It's the one time of the year when I gladly trade the quick and easy meals for hours of menu planning and preparations. Baking and cooking most of yesterday evening and today, I anticipate the arrival of family to our table sharing in a bountiful feast. Triple checking the shopping list for any last minute additions, I will still go back to the store twice more, because, like everyone, I want everything to be just so for this annual celebration.

The goal, of course, is to strike the right balance of preparation and celebration, so that when loved ones gather, we can spend real time connecting. Comfort is found in making the expected favorites, like my signature Roasted Vegetable Stuffing and Pumpkin Biscotti for dessert. Mom will bring Brenna's favorite - her special Potatoes Au Gratin, and this is the time of year to try a new recipe I clipped and saved months ago. Tomorrow, it will be Party Carrots baked with fresh cream and cheese.

Regardless of what delights grace your menu, the Basic Recipe is always the same...
-2 Heaping cups of patience
-1 Heart full of love
-2 Hands full of generosity
-A Dash of laughter
-1 Head full of understanding
1)Sprinkle generously with kindness;
2)Add plenty of faith and mix well.
3)Spread over a period of a lifetime;
4)And serve everyone you meet.

With prayers of thanksgiving and grace, this time especially, I am extremely grateful... For so many things...
My daughter and her constant loving laughter and soulful lessons; my husband for his unending dedication and love; my parents for their stability and strength; and all my friends who continually bless me with their presence in my life.
Wishing everyone a balanced meal of patience, love, understanding and peace. Happy Thanksgiving...
xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.