Chicken delight...

by - Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Who hasn't looked in the fridge wondering what to make for dinner? Cooking meals everyday, let's be honest, can really get boring because many times, if you're like me, the menu becomes monotonous. As if the ingredients will magically assemble, marching in a row from shelf to counter-top, I look around the fridge and make mental notes. Well, let's see... Got those chicken thighs... If nothing else, there's that baby green salad I can toss with the grape tomatoes and leftover cucumber...
But what about that chicken...
I can still remember the night I found this delightful dish. Just searching quickly for a recipe online, I figured there must be something new out there I can try. My criteria? It had to be 1) easy; 2) with chicken thighs; and 3) relatively quick. I already wasted fifteen minutes staring into the abyss of the refrigerator. So Google, don't let me down... YES! I found the perfect solution. Making this dish numerous times since as a simple weeknight dinner, for friends and even a party or two, with just four ingredients (plus a little herb), between the flavor and presentation, I can guarantee this will be a big hit! This recipe serves three, but you can increase it according to the crowd you are looking to feed. Keep in mind too, many will go back for seconds!

Maple Dijon Chicken Delight
1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (with skin)
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
fresh rosemary

1) Trim any excess fat on the chicken leaving the skin to cover. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Combine the mustard, syrup and vinegar and whisk together until well blended. 
3) Lightly coat a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray (this is to make clean-up easier) and place the chicken in a single layer. Pour the mixture over the thighs, turning them over to coat each one thoroughly.  
4) Put the chicken in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, basting them with the pan juice / sauce about halfway through.
5) Once the chicken is done, take it out of the oven and sprinkle with fresh cut rosemary. Let it rest for about five minutes and you're done! ENJOY!




My kind of meal... All flavor, no fuss, just chicken delight... xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.