One bead at a time...

by - Monday, March 28, 2016


Time has evolved into a reward for me, a coveted block uninterrupted the paycheck for hours of completed responsibilities. Like a child pocketing shells on the beach, I hold tight each one until enough has filled a pouch when I can calmly take hold and put to good use. It feels refreshing to reassemble and renew my craft. Remembering Rumi's words, my faith is restored...

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.

At the work table for fresh design, this earned time allows flow of creativity. While all else fades, the present comes into sharp focus and my imagination travels to different parts of the world... into fertile earth, up in the sky, in the depths of the sea.


Color is vivid, patterns dance, textures sparks an idea. While some creations need very little effort, others are reworked until the balance is just right. Though using my craft as a reward and escape from the banal everyday, I am constantly aware of the common threads still present in the background, pulling me along, ever so taut.


All I can do is take one bead at a time... xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.