Re-gifting...

by - Saturday, December 03, 2011

Clutter... Every time I need something in my stock closet, I have to dismantle the clutter and pull out five things before I can get to what is needed. Such a waste of time! So, before this gets any worse, I devoted a day to reorganizing my supply closet and work stations. Along the way of purging stuff never to be used again, I rediscovered some wonderful items definitely worthy of recycling this season.
Wallpaper... Yes, wallpaper border rolls purchased, God knows when, at the dollar store buried in a box at the back of the closet, mixed with older yarn ribbon... I will use them for gifts... And how about all those beautiful holiday cards we receive each year? With a pair of scissors in hand, sorted piles overflow with cut images that can be reused for gifts as well...
For gifts, you wonder? How? Let me show you how I re-gift and re-purpose abundant paper goods creating packages to present as unique gifts of art themselves...   
Wrapping gifts creates mystery for curious recipients. After bundling the box in traditional wrapping paper, a strip of wallpaper border binds the package. Top it with fancy wired ribbon and a single holiday ornament.
Choosing a recycled cut card image from the pile, it is addressed and punched to slip on ribbon for the gift.
All finished and ready to be presented!
With yarn ribbon and relief wallpaper border (I actually used this one in our bathroom), a package is brought to life with spirit and love...
Adding winter magic with a beaded snowflake and cut card tree label...
Re-gifting and recycling revives a nostalgic sensibility, conjuring a smile and evoking intrigue. 
Revel in whimsy and reawaken your inner romantic... xoxo - Sonya





You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.