Pizza Bubble Ring...

by - Monday, March 05, 2018

Sometimes simple comfort food just isn't enough.

We could order our favorite local pizza, go out for a creamy bowl of baked mac and cheese or settle for some real juicy fried chicken, there are so many options. But when we get in that hygge mood over here, I like to pull out my binder of tried and true recipes to make something we can enjoy without leaving the house. Stirring the senses, filling the kitchen with that anticipatory aroma of something delicious is far more pleasurable. 


Over the years, I have found wayward recipes from magazines, the newspaper, and collected some carefully crafted ones from good friends. They congregate in two fabric-covered binders on a shelf in the kitchen, many quite old and yellowing with age. One of our absolute favorites is a recipe from one of those look-at-this-while-you-wait-to-check-out magazines at the supermarket. Long forgotten exactly which edition it came from, I am certain it was a publication promoting Pillsbury. It is for Pizza Bubble Ring. Here is the original clipping in my binder:


This is absolutely divine! I have made it countless times, and it's always a big hit. The top photo is from our Groundhog Day family celebration. I popped it out of the oven, flipped it on a plate with the sauce cup in the middle, put it on the table, and ran to grab my phone. When I came back, half of it was gone! I had to turn the platter around so I could get a decent photo! Though I often make it as the original recipe with pepperoni, it is just as yummy with ham, ground beef, chicken or any leftovers paired with cheese from the fridge. It's basically a savory version of pull-apart monkey bread. Nights with three of us together, we love to nosh those heavenly bits while watching a movie in ultimate satisfaction. Talk about finger lickin' good!

It is edible hygge. It is meant to be shared. Make it for a party, a cozy night at home, or if you spend a casual evening with a circle of friends, bringing this appetizer will make you a star. Pin the photo to Pinterest and experiment with ingredients. Add a personal pinch and create your very own signature Pizza Bubble Ring... xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.