Arrows...

by - Monday, April 25, 2016


An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.

It isn't any secret that life priorities can change quicker than a clock hand strikes another number. Being honest with myself, I know that while firmly believing in the right timing for everything, one cannot sit back and expect stuff to just happen, you have to keep moving or risk becoming stagnant and stale. Where you find yourself stuck can be in a way of thinking, habit, or fearful anticipation of what may come next. Over the past couple of years while dealing with unexpected changes in my mother's health, one thing I have had to let go of is this expectation of outcome, in a real "let go and let God" sort of way. The moments of silence in between all the crisis afforded me time to really think about what gives me energy and where I find myself completely drained, what I have to offer in this life and where I want to be. This personal passage is still ongoing, as each day brings a new set of challenges. But there is  also opportunity. Making changes within to break this constant cycle of knee-jerk reaction, I am learning to replace it with positive action, forgiving any anger, and finding peace in between. Many times this demands a step out of the comfort zone. 


Everything in life is connected - mind, body, spirit, family, and career. With this being said, I have pulled back and refocused. Just a little something makes all the difference is my motto. That is what I am doing, detailing the direction and taking aim with a better perspective. Some days bring a wealth of ideas, others trickle in between. I am grateful for any intuitive tidbit, good, bad and indifferent for it makes me sit up and take notice. I trust it is part of the process, my process, to polish that part of me to share with the world in a unique way. 




So, in both spirit and studio, let me focus and keep aim. When I release the arrow, may it shoot swift, clear and far... xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.