Coffee or tea?

by - Wednesday, January 15, 2014


How appropriate returning to Downton Abbey this January during National Hot Tea Month. I always end my day with a large tumbler of hot tea, preferably green, after beginning my day with a large mug of coffee. This has been my routine forever, and if I diverge, my head lets me know with a low dull throb. Yes, I suppose that is a symptom of caffeine withdrawal. Alas, we all have our vices, don't we?
But sometimes I want these two flavors together, at the same time. How can that be achieved? 
Many years ago, when my dad shopped at Stop & Shop, he used to pick up their cappuccino muffins, brewing an early love of coffee for Brenna with those delightful confections. Even though I can easily drive to the the local supermarket who still makes them, I wanted to try my own lighter version, a little nutty, and more dainty than the dense giants from their bakery. With a little help from my friends Betty Crocker and Trader Joe, these little buns are light, airy and petite, perfect for that anytime-tea-break, and under 200 calories each.
Cappuccino Chip Muffins
1 package Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip muffin mix
3/4 cup strong brewed espresso, cooled to room temp
1/4 cup roasted hazelnut oil (I used Trader Joe's)
2 eggs
1) Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12 muffin-cup pan with paper baking cups.
2) Mix all ingredients together until well blended. It will be a bit lumpy with the chocolate chips.
3) Divide batter among the 12 wells, filling each about two third in the cups.
4) Bake for 16-20 minutes (check your oven, as they all vary). The center should come out clean with the toothpick test. Remove from your pan and let them cool for about five minutes. ENJOY!


Coffee OR tea? Why not both? xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.