Taste of summer...

by - Friday, August 09, 2013

Grandma loved macaroons. I remember the first time I picked up one of her sticky toasted confections. The smell was exotic and sweet as I took a big nibble. The texture was unlike anything I ever had before, and I gobbled the whole thing in a couple of bites. That was it, I was hooked, beginning my extreme attraction to coconut.
Experimenting with coconut extract, I created my signature coconut biscotti, and all who taste find them addictive. They very rarely linger for long once I bake them. But it's summer, and time for something out of the freezer rather than the oven. So, how about some refreshing coconut lime sorbet? With only five ingredients, this easy dessert will leave everyone satisfied with a taste from the islands...

Coconut Lime Sorbet
1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 shredded coconut

1) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Whisk together well and put in refrigerator until chilled, about 15 minutes.
3) Pour and freeze mixture in an ice-cream maker. Transfer sorbet to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden. ENJOY!
Want to impress you summertime dinner guests? For an added delight, why not scoop some sorbet into waffle cones  propped in champagne glasses? Summer flavor can easily hop from refreshing to refined with a bit of creativity in the presentation, becoming a real sensory experience of different textures. 
Ahhh, the tastes of summer satisfy and surprise... xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.