Stampin' the night away...

by - Friday, September 14, 2012

As a jewelry designer always looking for novel supplies and components, it is frustrating to have a clear idea of what you want yet unable to find the perfect pieces, not even remotely close. This dilemma sparked a quest where creativity meets necessity. Heck, if I can't find it, I'm going to have to make it! Let the learning begin!
Time for more tools...
Wanting to create my own pendants with custom words and phrases for a while, it was time to try another technique - metal stamping. Often confusing it with engraving, I shied away from this craft and purchased words readily available in the market. I'm the first to admit my Intentions line became really boring with the same stuff. Now able to produce fresh prose, this freedom brings new life to the line for I can already imagine the endless possibilities. First, I had to purchase a set of metal punches, solid anvil and lots of different blanks. Everyone has a hammer, right? Stamping is kind of like the three bears... Hitting with the hammer can't be too hard or it will bend the piece; too soft will not create an even impression; but just the right pressure produces an impression that's clear and deep enough to be read. Practice makes perfect and once you get the hang of it, you have a lot of fun!
The more I stamp the more excited I get! So many words, phrases and sayings, each holding a special meaning for the intended recipient. I have a whole book of intentions I plan on producing, but it doesn't end here... Custom names and phrases will be available by order request. As long as it can fit on the pendant, I can stamp out whatever your heart desires... Have a look at some of the possibilities...
Lots of phrases and words waiting for finishing touches or to be strung onto new chains.
Be silly; be honest; be kind...
Crushing on your favorite pop band? For all the 1D fans out there... I made this for one of my daughter's friends as a birthday gift.
How cut is this one? Love you to the moon and back...
For Brenna, who loves to flaunt her fan faves proudly... Harry Potter, Merlin, Doctor Who, Sherlock and Avengers are all separate charms on this stamped silver ring.
Personal initials on round charms dangle with hearts as earrings...
Now, I just keep stampin' the night away! Stay tuned, there's more to come... xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.