Painting, pigments and pleasure, oh my!

by - Wednesday, June 08, 2011

One would imagine by now I have exhausted the task of painting. Yet while painting rooms with a roller in one hand and trim brush in the other can be cumbersome, all I need now is a very small brush, some pigments and my favorite music playlist echoing from a pair of small nearby speakers.
Silk painting, an ancient craft I am just beginning to explore, is very relaxing for me. Perhaps in creating a carefree movement of color and shapes,  I find much freedom and something fresh. The silk canvas absorbs many hues and blends them softly, magically to create a wonderment of pattern. Though still in the experimental stages, my Fall 2011/12 collection will include several one-of-a-kind hand painted scarves coordinating to compliment jewelry Adornments, particularly the Deux-coupage. The success of all my accessories has been pleasantly surprising so it is time to challenge myself a bit more. Here's a sneak peak at one currently framed on the work table...
Now the silk needs to dry before adding final touches, steam-set all the colors, and hand roll the edges. Who would have thought painting with pigments... would be such a pleasure! Oh my! xoxo-Sonya

You May Also Like

0 comments


© 2021 Sonya Marie Fitzmaurice - A little something ®. All Rights Reserved.